St. Leo Holy Week schedule
The church will be open the following days and hours for Private Prayer:
Monday and Tuesday Church open for private prayer 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Wednesday Open for Adoration 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Holy Thursday 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Good Friday 9:00 AM-2:00 PM and 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Holy Saturday Noon-6:00 PM
Easter Sunday Closed
Live Stream via Facebook
Holy Thursday Mass: 7:00PM Good Friday Stations of the Cross: 3:00PM
Easter Vigil: 7:00PM
Easter Sunday Mass: 9:30AM
Easter Monday Praise and Worship: 6:00PM
Steward of the year nominations
Please nominate someone by going to our website www.stleochurch.org
nomination forms can be found on our website under Stewardship, click on Al Bishop steward of the year nomination 2020 and fill out the form.
We are accepting Parish Council nominations as well,
Parish Council nominations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org__________________________________________________
Also on Sunday’s at 6:00 PM
Hearts Ablaze Worship Music will be streaming on the same facebook page.
- I can’t find the mass. If you search St Leo Hilton you will see the blue picture below. Click on that picture and it will take you to the Mass.
- I press play and nothing is happening. Sometimes when you record a live stream it is longer than the mass. In this weekend mass you might want to skip forward about 15:25 mins starts music. or so until you see Fr Joe. You can always back up the bar to the beginning of the mass.
Here are the instructions on how to make a Facebook page and also what to do when we go live.
1. search “www.facebook.com” on your search engine or ‘Facebook” on your smartphone’s App Store
2. once you are on Facebook.com or the Facebook app, follow the steps on the page to create a free account
3. Once your account has been made, search “ST Leo Hilton” on Facebook- OUR NEW FACEBOOK LOGO IS BLUE WITH THE CHURCH’S NAME ON IT
4. Click on any post by “St LEO HILTON” to go to our page.
NOTE THAT THE PAGE TITLED “ST LEO THE GREAT CHURCH HILTON, NY” IS OUR BUSINESS PAGE ONLY AND WILL NOT FEATURE OUR LIVE STREAMS
Bishop Matano will celebrate the Solemn Mass of Chrism at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, via the Catholic Courier on YouTube. Link: https://youtu.be/16_6UaEJOug
*****Bishop grants dispensation from Lenten meat abstinence*****
Bishop Salvatore R. Matano has granted the faithful of the Diocese of Rochester a dispensation from the law of abstinence from meat on the Fridays of Lent for this year.
Bishop Matano granted the dispensation in an effort to assist people who may have difficulties in shopping for food or other reasons that would make this practice difficult at this time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Fridays of Lent remain days of penance and prayer, the bishop noted.
Join us online to find out about (or renew) Consecration to Mary thru the Militia Immaculata!
Notice: ELECTRONIC DONATION
*****Front Page News *****
Holy Water is water that has been sanctified by a priest or person of religious authority through baptism, in the spirit of God. Holy Water can be used for the blessing of persons, places, objects, and other belongings, as well as a way to actively repel evil.
Recently one of our priests poured out Holy Water over the City of Rochester and the suburbs from a plane. It was his way of blessing us during this crisis and asking God, by this sacramental, to protect us all from the coronavirus.
My plan is to bless Holy Water each day. You would bring in water in your own container with your name on it. Please put it on the labeled table in the Parish Life Center. Each day before I close up at 6:00 PM, I will bless the containers. You can pick them up at 6:00 PM or during the next day. May God keep us all safe during this Pandemic.
- Live stream Mass: Saturdays @ 5:00 PM Copy and paste the link below to access live streaming
Please be disciplined in sending in your normal contribution. You can go to our webpage stleochurch.org to see how to give online (on the top of the home page you will see a tab called Electronic Donations click on the tab) or by phone. Your parish needs you.
Video by Msgr. Robert T. Ritchie at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Fr. Joe Pastor of St. Leo
Click here to open Amazon Smile in support of St. Leo the Great Church!
The St. Leo Portal to Shop.com is here
|United States Conference of Catholic Bishops|
|Diocese of Rochster|
|St. Mark’s Greece NY||St. Lawrence Greece,NY|
|Faith formation Links|